• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35-DS3L 2nd HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artimus20

Registered
simple enough, trying to get my second HDD to work. i have a SATA drive as my master. this board only has 1 IDE slot so i currently have my 2nd IDE HDD as master and my IDE DVD drive as slave. i've tried cable select, and other combinations, but i can't get the drive to work. whats weird is in the bios it's there, in the device manager it's there, in Disk Management it comes up as a Dynamic unreadable disk? it gives me the option to convert to basic but i will lose all my data. any suggestions?
thanks.

ok, i have tried almost everything. what would cause a drive to show up as 'dynamic' in windows? all i did was take this drive, slave drive, out of my previous computer, build a new one, and try and use it again as a slave drive? can anyone confirm if converting it to a 'basic' drive will in fact erase all data? i dont understand what did this, or why i would have to do this?? any ideas?

thanks.

I've got the same motherboard with a sata hdd, sata dvd-rw, and an ide hdd. The ide hdd is on the middle connector of the ide cable, with the hard drive set to slave. I could not get it to work connected to the end of the cable. I'm no expert on ide setups so hopefully someone else can chime in on your issues.

How do you like the board otherwise?

i tried just connecting the IDE hdd alone, with no dvd drive and no success. i'm going to pick up a usb case and see if i can get it to work as a usb drive.

i really like this board, it does everything i need, and i only paid $88 for it, i picked up a friewire card for $25, so ya this board is great, specially for oc'ing.

I had pretty much the same problem with my set up. I had 2 sata hdd in my old rig, when I put this one together I wanted to add my 2nd hdd that was in my old computer but it said dynamic.

I tried putting it back into the old computer but it said dynamic in that one too and couldn't access the data in either of the 2 computers.

I ended up having to resort to data recovery software. I used easeus data recovery wizard to retrieve my data. After I transfered all the data from the 2nd hdd to my primary, I converted the 2nd to basic and then formatted it.

I have this board; bought it to upgrade a Seti cruncher. I'm presently running it with an old 20 gig IDE Maxtor hard drive and IDE burner off the 1 onboard IDE header with no problems. And I'm able to overclock to 500 fsb with this setup too. But I'm also not running any sata drives on this machine either; maybe that has something to do with your problems.

Back