• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Gigabyte DS3L and memory overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jhatfie

So I recently purchased a Gigabyte P35-DS3L for my gaming rig and moved my current Abit AB9 Quad GT to my family media computer. Using all the same equipment other than the motherboard, I cannot get the memory to clock close to what I could with the Abit.

e4300 CPU will reach the same frequency at the same voltage on both boards, so 3.2ghz at 1.41v stable (both can hit 3.5ghz not stable). Using the same NB strap, memory voltage and timings, I am forced to run a different memory divider on the Gigabyte however. With my Abit I can hit 1100mhz with both my Gskill and Mushkin memory, but cannot go over 1000 mhz on the Gigabyte even with the DS3L memory set to standard setting and not Turbo. Is there a different bios that has better memory performance or it there a different setting I might be missing?

I have tried up to 2.4v, which is more than I ever needed before and I have also upped the MCH voltage, but to no avail. I am still using the shipping bios for my rev. 2 mobo. So I was curious if there might be a better bios that might cure this issue?

Back