• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N-E BIOS and CPU-Z Report Different Figures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onita

I am running a Q6600 on an ASUS P5N-E. I'm trying to go with a higher FSB and lower multiplier, as I've had trouble going past 2.6 GHz with the stock 9x multiplier. So, I've jacked the the FSB up to 1,200 MHz and lowered the multiplier to 8x to give a stock speed of 2.4 GHz, just to test to make sure everything is working okay. The BIOS shows that the speed of the processor is clocked to 2.4 GHz on the POST and when entering the BIOS it is showing that it is retaining my settings.

My problem is when I run CPU-Z it is reporting the clock speed as 2,700 MHz, as in the 1,200 MHz FSB on a 9x clock. Currious as to this problem, I'm running Prime right now, and she's been running stable for four hours on torture test. I'm on water and she hasn't broken a sweat yet, indicating to me that the CPU-Z is just reporting the wrong multiplier.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be, and if there is something that can be done to rectify the issue?

which cpuz do you have? it might not being reading the multi right from the board. its not a issues just that the program doesnt see the board has changed the multi.

I'm using 1.41. I see that 1.43 is the most recent. I'll try that to see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Back