• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon + UPS = Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DvBoard

Over 2 weeks ago i ordered a Wall Mount for a TV, and as of now i'm back as though i haven't ordered anything :bang head.

Amazon sent it right before the new year, no issues here.

UPS screws up and marks it as undeliverable (they went to the wrong house and thought we moved?). I call UPS and they've already started to return it. They can't stop it, but say they've called the shipper (amazon) and they will just ship it right back out after it gets to their location. This is just over a week since it's been shipped.

Frustrating, but at least we will be getting it and it won't be THAT late.

Amazon then goes and screws up their end. I get an e-mail today about a refund. I call (to a "support" person that i can't understand who's prbly in india and has no real power) and apparently instead of sending it back out like they said, they issued a refund instead.

So now here i sit, over 2 weeks (almost 3 weeks) later, and i have NOTHING. I'm half tempted to send a bill to them for the time i've had to spend on the phone chasing this damn package that i'm never going to get! :bang head

Why the hell can't they get this **** together? Do i have to check every freaking day and babysit these people? I'm half tempted to order somewhere else and ship it Fedex because neither company seems to be able to talk with itself.

Now i get to go home and explain to the parents that because the combined screw up's of UPS and Amazon they don't get their item for yet ANOTHER week (minimum). So much for convincing then that ordering online is a good idea.

I need a drink... :beer: (or maybe the whole 6 pack :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:)

Amazon ships thousands upon thousands of items a day. Ups delivers hundreds of thousands of items a day. There are going to be slip ups now and then.

"To err is human. etc etc"

Amazon ships thousands upon thousands of items a day. Ups delivers hundreds of thousands of items a day. There are going to be slip ups now and then.

"To err is human. etc etc"

By time i recieve my item it will be about a month. This is not an acceptable timeline. :bang head

IMO this is beyond a human error and into plain stupidity and inability to keep promises. They shouldn't tell me they will do one thing, then turn around and do another.

Well after calling 3 different times i've re-ordered it with "free" standard-shipping in an effort to not have a full month wait for this thing. I just hope they don't screw up a second time.

OK, A company as big as Amazon.com MUST get a ton of returns every week. When a package is automatically returned to their warehouse it will likely be refunded. Because like I said a large company like that doesn't have time to go through that many returns and contact their customers and ask them what they'd like to do. That is called REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, which I highly doubt that Amazon.com has. So unless a customer calls and asks why the package is being returned, most of the time the order will be refunded, cause obviously they can't keep the money and they may or may not have the time to contact you. Sorry if I missed something in your post, but it didn't seem like you contacted Amazon when you found out that your package was being re-routed back to their warehouse.

I've worked at a warehouse before and I can safely say that this is not Amazon's fault. Because...

1. They are not affiliated with UPS. All they do is process your order, print out a shipping label and send it off. They probably only run it through address verification with your CC.
2. They are just following their procedure with returned packages. As I said, a high volume of returns for a big company like that will want to save time and energy to do other things. So I guess you can be glad that you got an e-mail at least.

But they SHOULD assist you in filing a claim with UPS if the issue came from transit. With the time you waited it is only fair that you ask for compensation from Amazon. They can always file a claim with their UPS rep and have the funds returned to their account for the screw up that UPS caused. There are also a lot of different variables to consider. Maybe you did contact them and tell them to reship the package, but it didn't get noted in their system properly. Or the person you spoke to was so busy that day that the little detail about resending your package slipped his/her brain. But hey, human error, you know?

I agree with the next person that UPS SUCKS. Why do you think it stands for Utterly Pathetic Service? Sorry you had to experience their "WONDERFUL" service? And yes, whenever you get a chance, order with FedEX, honestly!

Last edited:
OK, A company as big as Amazon.com MUST get a ton of returns every week. When a package is automatically returned to their warehouse it will likely be refunded. Because like I said a large company like that doesn't have time to go through that many returns and contact their customers and ask them what they'd like to do. That is called REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, which I highly doubt that Amazon.com has. So unless a customer calls and asks why the package is being returned, most of the time the order will be refunded, cause obviously they can't keep the money and they may or may not have the time to contact you. Sorry if I missed something in your post, but it didn't seem like you contacted Amazon when you found out that your package was being re-routed back to their warehouse.

I've worked at a warehouse before and I can safely say that this is not Amazon's fault. Because...

1. They are not affiliated with UPS. All they do is process your order, print out a shipping label and send it off. They probably only run it through address verification with your CC.
2. They are just following their procedure with returned packages. As I said, a high volume of returns for a big company like that will want to save time and energy to do other things. So I guess you can be glad that you got an e-mail at least.

But they SHOULD assist you in filing a claim with UPS if the issue came from transit. With the time you waited it is only fair that you ask for compensation from Amazon. They can always file a claim with their UPS rep and have the funds returned to their account for the screw up that UPS caused. There are also a lot of different variables to consider. Maybe you did contact them and tell them to reship the package, but it didn't get noted in their system properly. Or the person you spoke to was so busy that day that the little detail about resending your package slipped his/her brain. But hey, human error, you know?

I agree with the next person that UPS SUCKS. Why do you think it stands for Utterly Pathetic Service? Sorry you had to experience their "WONDERFUL" service? And yes, whenever you get a chance, order with FedEX, honestly!
I contacted UPS who contacted Amazon. Then i contacted amazon after they failed to do what they told UPS they would do.

Failure may be in the understanding somewhere, but amazon knew it was coming back and would have to be sent back out, but failed to do this.

Back