• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Sckt 775, SLI!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de_yogurt

so after doing some research a few things have come to mind. seems intel is on the top of the CPU market and nvidia is dominating ATI. i see that some boards that use the intel cpus are sli ready. however i do not see on these boards that they are sli certified. so will these boards run a sli setup, or are the words "sli ready" really deceiving? i guess maybe the chipset should really tell me whats going on, as the ones i looked at were like the 680i sli and so on. but i dont want to make any mistakes with my next build. thanks and have a good one!

Yogurt

well correction SLI approved... NV doesnt want SLI to happen on intel chipset boards....this doesnt mean that sli on intel based boards wont work. just mean that NV drivers say intel boards cant do SLI.

they are nvidia based chipsets. just wanted to know if i was reading correctly. its just kinda funny. you think intel and nvidia would want to get in bed together. considering most of the nvidia chipsets for amd support sli. its all just very weird if you ask me. thanks for the help. so as long as the intel is a sli based chipset it will work? thats what im getting from the responses. thanks and have a good one!

Yogurt

as long as it is a NV chipset board for intel cpu's with SLI on it then yes your are good...

Back