• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prpz

can anyone reccomend a good water cooling setup to cool a quad core and at least one gpu im looking for a really good kit or the full package of parts that are available to canada locally or from us....so i would need like a store that sells it im located in ontario btw

you did not mention how much you would like to spend...but since it looks like you are going to cool a Q6600 B3...and who knows what GPU...I would recommend something like

Apogee GT or FuZion cpu block
D5 or MCP655 pump
Swiftech MCR320-QP or Thermochill 120.3
FuZion GPU block or MCP60

or you could always go with a kit like Petras Elite Gpu (swore petras delivered to Canada but I can't find that on their site)

as always, here my quad core gpu kit i recommend.

1x Swiftech MCW60 VGA cooler = 43.99
1x Swiftech MCP655 Pump = 69.99
1x D-tek FuZion = 59.99
1x Swiftech MCR 320 rad 44.99
1x Swiftech MicroRes = 16.99
1x Swiftech HydrX = 2.99
10x ClearFLEX 60 Tubing 1/2" ID / 3/4" OD = 8.90
3x YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan = 9.45
1x Swiftech MC8800 Kit = 34.95

total = $292.24

from jab-tech which have the best prices and ship to Canada! it's pretty much the order i will be getting for my quad and 8800 (once i get them) accept i'm getting a copper topped Swiftech Apogee GTX over the dtek as i want as much swiftech as possible. with all the stuff they sell there probably the top seller of water cooling if not, at least in the top 3 for sure.

or you could always go with a kit like Petras Elite Gpu (swore petras delivered to Canada but I can't find that on their site)

last time i checked (5 minutes ago) they don't.

ok yes its a quad i really want to go high on it i got it at 3,6 on air now stable 1.525Vcore 39 Idle 69C load on a zalman 9700 something and 5 fans in the case....as for money Im ok with up to about 500 as long as i get something that is very good i might need it to cool two 3870 X2 Quad core maybe memory too....so any advice i will order tomorow afternoon. thanks so much guys for the advice in advance i will sure do as im suggested as i dont have too much time to google and reasearch and dont wanna get something that im going to have to expand upgrade i rather go all out right away.

just so you know there is a edit button in the bottom right of your posts so you don't triple post. if you want the best possible then swap the rad i said for a thermochill rad as they are the best rads out now. i would only cool the cpu, gpu's, chipsets. i wouldn't bother with ram or hard drives or any of that stuff. if your going to cool all that you might want 2 loops instead of one. i would put the cpu and chipset together and then the 2 gpu's on a second loop. (separate pump, rad, res)

ok that looks good very good indeed i think so im going to go ahead and order that setup tonight when i get home. Will the GPU work with the 3870 x2 or the 3870

oh right i'm not sure the block itself will probably work but you need different ramsinks, etc for that card.

shoot off a email to swiftech and ask if it will fit those cards and if they have any heatsinks for the cards. otherwise you might have to get a full block or mod some heatsinks.

you will also need the worm clamps, distilled water, and some mechanical know how. if your brand new to water cooling (which i will be come march when i order said setup) but i know what i'm doing as thats just my type of knowledge. i also read alot on water cooling.

Back