• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[MSI P31 Neo-F] - Q6600 Overclocking Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

always esoteric

Hey, all. First and foremost, thanks for having me.

Secondly, I have a question as to the overclocking potential of this setup:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0)
MSI P31 Neo-F Motherboard
4GB Corsair DDR2-800 Performance RAM
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS XXX Video Card
Western Digital 500GB SATAII Hard Drive
Asus DVD-RW/DVD+RW Drive
Asus DVD-ROM Drive
Cooler Master Centurion 534 Mid Tower Case
ePower 550W Power Supply

I haven't really seen any specific reviews or testimonials of people overclocking Q6600s with this motherboard. Can any of you verify what's possible? Thanks in advance.

- always esoteric

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm wanting to OC on air, but I haven't purchased an after-market heatsink yet. What I hear from here will probably be my deciding factor in that regard.

first of all its nice to see an MSI board work lol.... i have had nothing but problems with my MSI board. anyway

OC a Q6600 on air you can do.. (IMO) you dont have to yet because it's a quad core :p but i would get a better heatsink then the one that comes stock. with stock i would say start with 100MHz and work up from there check your temps. i would think that a quad would get hot due to the 4 cores.

but i recomend getting a new heatsink before trying :D makes things a lot safer..

Back