• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who here owns the Aquaero and Multiswitch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiGfever

I am looking at the Aquaero and Multiswitch for my computer. What is the difference between the "VFD" and the "LCD" models? I read the web site but did not see a clear difference between the two except cost. I do want it to shut down my PC if my DDC-2 stops or the system overheats so what extra parts are needed?
Thanks...

well if you use the 3pin connector from the pump to the motherboard. you can on some tell the motherboard to shutdown when said fan fails, in this case it would be your pump... really you wouldnt need extra parts, as james points out too. the motherboard will just down the computer when the cpu temp reaches a certain point. you can set that in the bios for pretty much all boards now'a days.

well if you use the 3pin connector from the pump to the motherboard. you can on some tell the motherboard to shutdown when said fan fails, in this case it would be your pump... really you wouldnt need extra parts, as james points out too. the motherboard will just down the computer when the cpu temp reaches a certain point. you can set that in the bios for pretty much all boards now'a days.
Done, but my board does not offer shutdown. :bang head

Plus new toys are always nice. Just think about the hours I could spend installing, configuring and playing with them. :beer:

yes the cpu's will on there own but intels white papers say that happens at 125c.

Back