• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bang for my buck P35 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

So I am starting to purchase all my parts for my new system (waiting a tad to see if I can get my hands on a 8400) But I am unsure what would be my best bang for my buck for the mobo. I had my eye on the Abit IP35-E, but it seems most places are out of stock or are not carrying them anymore.

So any other ideas? And what are the pros and cons of the boards you recommend?

Abit IP35-E when its back in stock at newegg cause they still have a MIR for $30 on it... its off and on, in stock on newegg, just give it a bit o time... other choice would be the Gigabyte P35-DS3L for $99 at newegg... thats about the only other one that makes my list for $100 and under...

i thought about that one but the one thing that stood out. is that it has 3phase pwm system for the cpu not 4phase like the IP35-E/IP35 boards...

i would get the IP35-E...it has a 8 pin CPU power connector to feed your power hungry CPU when you overclock it (instead of 4 pin) and the additional molex power connector for when you start pushing your vid card to its limts. i have a IP35 Pro...totally happy. i know its a different board, but not really. the IP35-E is just a less feature loaded version of the IP35 Pro. too bad that newegg's MIR just ended on the IP35 Pro, i got mine for $150 AR.

I had a Gigabyte P35C DS3R before my current DFI T2R P35 that I have now, and to be honest I loved the Gigabyte... it died due to user error, but it did 500+ FSB with ease and did NOT run hot. They also have the P35 DS3R, which should also be nice, and as someone else said I think DS3L... I'm sure they're all similar. I really liked Gigabyte's DS3-series P35 boards.

Back