• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What waterblock for a 8800gtx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well seeing no one else has posted, im assuming this combo is pretty darn good lmao

EK makes some sweet full blocks for those cards, In fact I just got two for my 3870's(same type) and they are some of the nicest blocks I have ever had. I have been running an H2O rigs for about 6 years and these are by far the best GPU blocks I have seen!

Performance PCs has them in stcok right now, they run about 125-130ish! I had to get mine from EK overseas, Performance PC's has been out for a month! Grab the 8800s while you can, they come and go and you dont want to wait two weeks for shipping like I did from EK!

I like the look of the Stealth full block. However I havent seen any reviews on it! And the new Ultra Block too, with a fan and Stock 8800 looking housing, but kinda defeats the whole quite aspect of H2O.

Then again, I always have my trusty set of Swiftech MCW60's ready to go, cant beat the performance, price and compatiblity of them!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I am using the Danger Den 8800GTX full coverage unit for the GTX, and I have been very impressed with the performance. I tend to not push my video card extremely hard in overclocking, as no games I am currently playing benefit much from serious overclocking, but with pretty solid overclock (can't remember core/mem numbers) it was still in the 'Healthy' temperature range of the super leet Nvidia performance monitor. Funny enough, I am actually here to ask for help for myself, since I had a coolant leak at a fitting to this same block, but the block is solid. I suppose a little pricey in comparison to some, but other then my poor install of a clamp that resulted in said leak, it has been flawless.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=257&cat=48&page=1

Full coverag eblocks are prorpietary to the card they are for. If you want somehting that you can use later on on a different card, go the MCW60, DD Maze 4/5 route along wiht someRam sinks.

my $0.02

Back