• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Even MORE cooling for P6N-Platinum NB/SB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

I have the MSI P6N-platinum with that nifty copper triple sink connected-by-pipe setups. I used the extra fan that came in the box which mounts perfectly on the NB...

My problem is I have a 6420 (stock 2100Mhz) that I've managed to OC to 3200Mhz EXTREMELY stably. At idle my NB temps are low 30's but the second I run ORTHO's the NB temps start reading >55-60C. Obviously the extra, optional fan on the NB isn't sufficient. Is there a fan that people use on the southbridge and the heat sink on the capacitors?

link to mob pics so people know what the hell I'm talking about: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=530692&highlight=p6N

Probably going to do the Thermalright Ultra-120 (non-extreme) to replace the stock sink/fan which goes about 1min before hitting >60C temps on ORTHOS (when I hit the STOP button- not because it crashes).

This setup is SICK, it has NEVER crashed at 3200Mhz, even running crysis.

Still, I'd like the bridges and CPU to be cooler.

Thanks

Back