• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5k premium issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmnash

Registered
I recently purchased the p5k premium and i am running a q6600 but cpuz and core temp report it running at 1603.6MHz with a 6.0 multiplier. how do I change this to the rated speed? I know I will have to mess with the bios and basically overclock it to the 2.4ghz. but this is my first time. exactly what settings do I begin with tweaking?

That is because speed step and C1E are turned on. All it does it lower the multiplier when the processor is not in use.

Can't remember where in the BIOS they are (>.<), but it is the 3rd, 4th or 5th tab.

Disable "EIST" or "Speedstep" and "C1E" and it will run at full all of the time.

is 39 C normal for idle temps per core? what settings should I start with in the bios to increase the cpu speed? what would be a good first step? thanks for the noob assistance.

is 39 C normal for idle temps per core? what settings should I start with in the bios to increase the cpu speed? what would be a good first step? thanks for the noob assistance.
Yes, that is pretty good for a quad and the decent heatsink you are running. BUT, idle means nothing, what is load temp?

Use a program like Orthos to load all cores (important, all cores) and then use CoreTemp to monitor your temperatures.

Yes, that is pretty good for a quad and the decent heatsink you are running. BUT, idle means nothing, what is load temp?

Use a program like Orthos to load all cores (important, all cores) and then use CoreTemp to monitor your temperatures.

Additionally, IF you are going to discuss/compare idle temps you should also talk about your ambient temps, since they can affect idle temps considerably.

But once again......thats IF you are gonna discuss idle temps :D

how do i run orthos on all 4 cores? i've read you have to have 2 copies running at the same time but how do you assign them to specified cores? (0,1,2,3)

ambient is about 73F and i'm just trying to see where I stack up with others as far as my temps go and I'm thinking about attempting my first OC.

how do i run orthos on all 4 cores? i've read you have to have 2 copies running at the same time but how do you assign them to specified cores? (0,1,2,3)
Just run it twice, it will load all 4 cores ;)

when I have 2 orthos running, still only the first 2 cores are taking the load. other 2 aren't taking anything. the log in orthos both say core "#0" and "#1" but i need one to be 0 and 1 and the other to be 2 and 3 correct?

I'm getting "WARNING: Affinity Mask: Process: 0xC Sys: 0xF" on the orthos assigned to core 2 and 3. any ideas? still cant load all cores. one line stays solid at 100% for 2 cores and the other 2 stay jagged towards the bottom of the performance meter. only averaging 63% total cpu usage.

Last edited:
I would just run the latest version of Prime 95 instead.

It will load all 4 cores without having to run 2 instances.

alright after a while at 100% load, the temps level off at about 55,55, 47, 49 is this reasonable? what is my highest temp threshold when Ocing?

Back