• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL6PG China

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FileAnt

I spent a few years working out if clutching onto the P4G8X Deluxe was worth it, I still love it, so took a bit risky punt on the CHINA chips.

On the outside
SL6PG CHINA
The other numbers said it was...
It was Factory 5, Shanghai China?
2004 November

On the inside
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz (ES)
Stepping 12-23

It is unlocked! And the P4G8X did not sweat and unlocked all the settings.

I have an XP-90c heatsink with a ducted fan system. After I installed it the temp was 44 and under load (I use DVD Shrink "analyze" for this as it always crashes if the system is overclocked to much) it was 59... My 2.4@3 and [email protected] never went over 55. Might be better after it settles in (The idle usually drops 4C, but it has never gone over 55 b4, so fingers crossed)

Nice CPU anyway, just thought I would let you know as I could not find much info on it.
I will OC it next week, when it beds.

Oh, anyone got any advice on multipliers? I have only really changed FSB in the past. I am temped to drop the Multi to 19 and up the FSB to 667... would this be safe do you think? Are there any programs that edit multipliers in XP on the fly?

Oh and I ordered a PowerColor HD3850 AGP, it will be CPU bound, but should be fun (maybe even funny), I might be one of the first to get this via retail so I will tell you how it goes next week sometime.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Checked it this morning and the Temp is down to 40C

Anyway it is an unlocked SL77P by the looks (don't ya just love Hong Kong ebayers) so 59C was probably good under load. I see there are some other posts here on it so I will have a look (might have to drop the vcore down a bit on the MB me thinks).
Cheers

sSpec Number: SL77P
CPU Speed: 3.06 GHz
PCG:
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Bus/Core Ratio: 23
L2 Cache Size: 512 KB
L2 Cache Speed: 3.06 GHz

Package Type: 478 pin
Manufacturing Technology: 0.13 micron
Core Stepping: D1
CPUID String: 0F29
Thermal Design Power: 70W
Thermal Specification: 100°C
VID Voltage Range: 1.3V

Changed it to 20x167=3340 and it runs fine.. I tried loading it using several tools and some other programs, idle/load temps are 40/56(NotOC'ed) to 46/65(OC'ed), but I think that is normal (and its a hot day today).

I quickly tried 178=3560 and 189=3780 and it posted and booted, was not game to leave it there and test with my heatsink though and I doubt these things are suppose to go much past 3200.

Oh and VCore is 1.525, I had it at 1.550 yesterday but the P4G8X overvolts anyway. (1.550 is what is should be according to intel specs)

Hope this helps someone. (There is also a SL77R (3.2) which is probably slightly better quality... normally they are locked though I think I was lucky)

Oh and the performance gain is pretty small, better to upgrade if you are really itching.
Edit: hmmm, i take that back, (3DMarks were the same.. a tiny bit lower than 2.8@152 actually) but after more testing, one of the cpu intensive games on my pc is benchmarking at 73fps, I think that is more than triple what it was. I also changed it to 23x142 as the CAS on the P4G8X is locked after that... Does not make much difference, but runs cooler and I think the AGP bus will like the faster timing better.

I better stop talking to myself now, and forget about PC's for another couple of years, I am guessing the chips after the x48 will be pretty nice. :eek:P

Cheers

Last edited:
Back