• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35-E fan power limit & led's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kpw

Registered
anyone know how much power i can safely draw from an ip35-e fan connector? also do most people hook up leds to the 3v lines or the 5v lines?

I believe they are rated for 2 amps (24 watts)....not many fans can even come close to that.

anyone know how much power i can safely draw from an ip35-e fan connector? also do most people hook up leds to the 3v lines or the 5v lines?

I personally prefer to run my fans off the Power Supply leads, so that I can dedicate power going to the motherboard for Ram, CPU, and other on board components; plus, I would rather not risk frying a part of the board with a high powered fan.

For most LEDs, the voltage is roughly 3.5V, so running them through the 3V would best; I would rather put 3 in-line and run it off the 12V line instead.

Post some pics of your work,

bryan d

Back