• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready to get wet, review list please and a few Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

Hiyas you experts. I'm ready to make the plunge to water, and here is my list. If you could take the time, anything wrong or missing? A few questions at the bottom also.

Rad: PA 120.3 $135 DD
Rad fittings: EK High Flow (G3/8 thread, ½” OD) $6 Pet
Rad Shroud: PA 120.3 shroud $19 DD
Rad Gasket: $6 DD
Pump: Laing D5 MCP655 Vario $88 Pet
Res: EK-Multioption RES 150 rev.2 $42 Jab
EK Anti Cyclone: $2.50 Jab
Tubing: Tygon Silver 1/2x3/4 10’ $35 Pet
Tubing coils: Swiftech Smartcoils 625(2) $6 Pet
T fitting for drain: Delrin T $8 DD
Drain port: Delrin Fillport $12 DD
Clamps: Stainless worm drive w/liner (15) $19 Pet
Biocide: PT-Nuke $3 Pet
Antifreeze: Local Toyota Red $xx
Blocks:
DTek FuZion CPU $62 Pet
Dtek FuZion Intel 775 Pro-Mount set $12 Jab
IONE for NVIDIA G92 GT and GTS $110 DD
NB block: Swiftech MCW30 Chipset block $28 Pet
OR
NB Block: MPC-Universal Chipset Block (brass) $45 DD

Store code:
DD is Danger Den
Pet is Petras
Jab is Jab-Tech

My stuff:
Mobo Abit AW9D-Max
GPU EVGA 8800GT 512 (92nm)
1: Will The GPU HS fit a 8800GT 92nm?
2: Will the NB blocks fit my Abit AW9D-Max?
3: I ordered the right rad fittings for a PA 120.3 for ½” ID tubing?
4: The pump, Res, and blocks all come with ½” OD fittings IF I order the right fittings?

Not too worried about saving a few bucks here and there, just worried that the selection of stuff is right.

Ok, well you have a little over kill there.

First, I'm assuing the two chipset blocks are for the NB and the SB? Yo ucan ditch the one for the SB, there is really no need to water cool it. If you are pumps lots of volts through your NB and have some high FSB over clocks, then water cooling the NB ins't a bad idea. Other wise, you can air cool it too.

I didn't see any fans listed, as always, some Yate Loons would be recomended (performance+price).

With the Tygon Silver you have no need for a biocide. So you can get rid of that. You will have a complete copper setup as well, so no need for anti freeze either. You could run strait Distilled water with no problems (which woudl be ideal).

I personally prefer the core only GPU blocks, along with Ramsinks, since those are more future proof and can be used on different cards. Totally a matter of choice though. Nothing "wrong" wiht the full coverag eblocks, other than they are prorprietary to the card.

Thanks Jas, I put two NB blocks, not sure which one. My SB has the low profile Enzo on it, I might try to get my extra SLI HR05 on it when I get all this crap.

On xtreme systems someone nixed the MPC universal DD one, guess the MWC is better. I got 5 yate mediums already. And your right, I could run just distilled. I'll think about that.... Thats scary!!! No antifreeze I guess due to 100% copper. Tygon silver does algea and other nasties?

The full cover GPU block is shweettt, and I'll be getting another 8800GT/WC block when I get a new processor and Mobo in the summer. A 120.2 and another pump then too $$$ ack:shrug:. Since I run a nekkid (tech station) PC, I won't have to run any fans for the GPU Ram/Mosfet HS.

Will the MWC fit my NB? Yea I OC and have a bit of extra ompff on my NB, I have a TR HR05 on it now, passive but good air flow, so I do want to WC it.

The MCW30 should fit on your NB. I use that block myself.

As for your tubing and just distilled;

Yeah, just run pure distilled water. You have no need for anit freeze (unless you actually plan to subject your computer to sub zero temps). The Tygon silver should inhibit any nsties. The main thing with "nasties" is they need something to feed off of. If sunlight isn't getting in, then algea isn't growing. And as far as giant bacteria colonies, again they need somehting to eat... The only caveat to this is your resevoir. If sunlight is getting in there, then yo will need an algeacide. My suggestion, ditch the Res, and use a T line.

i wouldn't recommend running all of that in the same loop the MOBO blocks with constrict flow and be detrimental to CPU and GPU temps.

good luck!

So the CPU/NB/GPU in one loop is too restrictive? Why do I see a lot of setups like that? As long as I get 1.5 GPM I'm okay right?
Actually, the MCW30 is a very good block. I ran that inline with two apogee blocks. That NB block is not restrictive...

Okay! I'm set I guess. Will start the mass order when DD has the TC rad in stock. I'm doing my part to hold the recession off? That's my story I told the wife, she laughed again..... She does that a lot to me....

Well no, just what I needed. Here is my list and who I got it from. Like you (Jas) said, "Ok, well you have a little over kill there".

I don't do things unless it's 100%. You coulda helped by saying "STAY AIR". But nooo......

Rad: PA 120.3 $135 JAB
Rad Shroud: PA 120.3 shroud $19 JAB
Pump: Laing D5 MCP655 vario DD ver. $83 Pet
Res: EK-Multioption RES 100 rev.2 $34 JAB
EK Anti Cyclone: $2.50 JAB
Tubing: Tygon Silver 1/2x3/4 15’ $56 USP
T fitting for drain: Delrin T $8 Pet
Drain port: Delrin Fillport $12 JAB
Blocks:
DTek FuZion CPU $62 Pet
D-Tek FuZion Accelerator Nozzle Kit $7 Pet
IONE for NVIDIA G92 GT and GTS $116 DD
NB block: Swiftech MCW30 Chipset block $28 Jab

Oh ok, you just went nuts, lol. Hey nothing wrong with that. Other than my wife would probably cut my nuts off.

lol funny stuff in this thread

hey, why did you order from so many different stores? just out of stock, or specific offerings are only at those spots? or was it price?? i was going to order my setup today too.. very similar, but i'm not doing full coverage blocks

:attn:
Okay guys. The wife wanted to know if I posted that I squealed like a girl when I got my WC parts.:eek::eek::eek:

Well no, but holding that shweet PA 120x3 in my grubby hands did make me:drool::clap::p. She's a funny lady, been mine for 23 years now.

Still got 2 packages to go.....

Had to share that to all the married men out there.

The 3 rings of marriage:

Engagement ring
Wedding ring
Suffering

LOL sufferRing. nice

i've got a few questions on some of these parts...

Tubing: Tygon Silver 1/2x3/4 15’ $56 USP
is this stuff pretty rigid? Did they let you order 15'? their site says in 10' intervals only?

T fitting for drain: Delrin T $8 Pet
Drain port: Delrin Fillport $12 JAB
what are these for? where do they fit in? Would I need these if I got the Microres instead?

Res: EK-Multioption RES 100 rev.2 $34 JAB
EK Anti Cyclone: $2.50 JAB
IONE for NVIDIA G92 GT and GTS $116 DD
opting for a Swiftech Microres & MCW60

Rad: PA 120.3 $135 JAB
Rad Shroud: PA 120.3 shroud $19 JAB
Pump: Laing D5 MCP655 vario DD ver. $83 Pet
Blocks:
DTek FuZion CPU $62 Pet
D-Tek FuZion Accelerator Nozzle Kit $7 Pet
NB block: Swiftech MCW30 Chipset block $28 Jab
I'm going to get all that too. Although I can't find the Fuzion in stock anywhere atm :(

LOL sufferRing. nice

i've got a few questions on some of these parts...

is this stuff pretty rigid? Did they let you order 15'? their site says in 10' intervals only?

My bad, they called me and I dropped it to 10'. Yes it is. but it looks like it has a great bend radius due to the thick walls.

what are these for? where do they fit in? Would I need these if I got the Microres instead?

I wanted a fitting for a drain, so I got a T and a fillport.

opting for a Swiftech Microres & MCW60

I'm going to get all that too. Although I can't find the Fuzion in stock anywhere atm :(

Last edited:
I'm thinking about adding the MCW30 block to my aw9d-max.. I have gotten my E6600 stable up to 3.8 but the northbridge needs obscene amounts of voltage..

It's just a little too hot i think with 1.75v and the stock OTESII heat pipes.

If you have approached this i'd love to see pics.

I'm thinking of leaving the heatpipes on the SB but just adding the northbridge block.

You got it, I'll post tonight. Couldn't find my card reader, had to get another and the camera battery is fickle, dead, and old so it's recharging again....

1.75 on the NB? My god!
I have the same board and can't get past 3.3 with my E6600 but holding at 1.5 on the NB and 1.425 on the CPU. Could be the chip or mem or board. Some say the older chipset on this board is the issue but your able to get to 3.6 on a Quad. Ohh well, I'll wait for a new Mobo/CPU/mem this fall.

See what I'm using on the SB in my sig? Fits just fine.

Back