• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Avoid Comparemaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you a warning against shopping at comparemaster.com. I found a pretty good deal and decided to give them a try. They have a few awards from places like CNet, and thought I'd take a risk and buy from a relatively unknown business. Well, my first time experience with them was not a good one. First of all, the graphics card I ordered was reported "In stock" when I ordered it, but five days after ordering I received an email reporting that the item was back ordered. Second, their website advertises "same day shipping" but clearly the item was not shipped on the same day. Thirdly, after two days of my order status claiming "ready for pickup" I called comparemaster's customer service to inquire about the actual status. The agent said that it was in stock, packaged, and ready to be picked up by UPS for delivery (obviously wrong). My next gripe is after sending two messages to customer service I received no response to either, even though their website claims they will respond within 24 hours. And finally, after calling and complaining about all of this I was given no compensation or apology and decided to cancel my order and get my money back. So, as I said above, avoid comparemaster.com.

-Jon

Yea, I should have checked out some more reviews before jumping into this. But all is well, I should be getting my money back and I already placed my order with Newegg. Lesson learned... Newegg is worth the extra $20.

Back