• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro / USB Keyboard / CMOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jumpin Jack

I have an Abit IP35 Pro and the USB Keyboard will not work in CMOS. I'm pretty sure there is a setting I need to switch on but I wouldn't have a clue which one it is. Can someone help me out with the correct setting?

It should work, you've tried clearing the CMOS with the back switch right?

Got any spare KB's lying around?

JJ just use a usb to ps2 adaptor... in the bios there is a flag that tells the board to handle the USB via bios or os...thats why you need to look for and change, sorry not infront of my rig so i cant tell ya where its at.

Since I just moved to a USB keyboard a little while ago, this is an issue that is rather annoying and you'd have figured they'd have this solved by now. I can't remember the exact setting, but under the USB mouse and keyboard support settings, you need to set it from OS to BIOS, then it'll work. Of course you need a PS/2 style keyboard to set it. :bang head

JJ just use a usb to ps2 adaptor... in the bios there is a flag that tells the board to handle the USB via bios or os...thats why you need to look for and change, sorry not infront of my rig so i cant tell ya where its at.

Thanks Evil... didn't wana have to do that, but it is a way out...

Since I just moved to a USB keyboard a little while ago, this is an issue that is rather annoying and you'd have figured they'd have this solved by now. I can't remember the exact setting, but under the USB mouse and keyboard support settings, you need to set it from OS to BIOS, then it'll work. Of course you need a PS/2 style keyboard to set it. :bang head

Thanks tuskenraider... that’s fixed it, much appreciated. :beer: :thup:

Follow the tree: Integrated Peripherals \ OnChip PCI Device \ USB Device Setting \ USB Keyboard Support VIA \ (change that value to "BIOS")

Back