• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed up something badly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damenshon

I have a gigabyte g33-ds2r motherboard. I tried updating the bios to F8a. after the install, it booted and i was able to go into the bios. In there i made sure the settings were the same. 3.0Ghz, 5-5-5-15 timings, +.4v to the ram, default to the cpu. i saved changes and restarted but the computer never turn back on. I can turn on the computer but it doesnt to anything. I tried resetting the cmos several times, disconnected everything but the cpu, ram and power. I was able to switch my cpu into a friends computer, which worked perfectly, but his cpu wont work in mine. a bit of a problem. any ideas?

thanks,

Im also going to have to start looking for a new motherboard/case. (the micro atx isnt working out for me). should i go for a P35 or one of the newer chipsets like x38?

Last edited:
which cpu did you switch into that motherboard?

P35 is a good choice, only go X38 if you want to run crossfire...

I dunno what to say, because I never heard of Intel platform motherboards being unreliable like that! That was a known issue only with nForce.

Is the chipset nForce? If it is, you must OC in smaller steps!
People reported nForce having a BIOS chip corruption flaw.
Someone reported that's more likely to occur if you use F10 or one of the other shortcut keys to save the BIOS settings.

Back