• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of testing out new loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zero_factiX

I got my w/c setup about 3 months ago but I was needing to cool the n/b and s/b so I'm adding 2 blocks to my setup and working on my wire management skills. This is my setup on a budget.

Current pics of testing out the loop

http://picasaweb.google.com/ZeroFactiX/NewWaterLoopTest

Sorry about the blurry pics My camera sucks for night shots. I really want a new case but my funds are in short supply lately. I'll have more pics of the finished setup soon i just wanted to share!

Testing? What's that? I slap the whole system together and then do the P/S jumper to the 24pin connector and fill the system. I let it run for about five minutes. No leaks I hook up the 24pin connector and off I go.

I've done it this way for about 4 different builds and never had an issue with leaks. I don't even use hose clamps. Just good ol zip ties.

LOL NavyDood. Not laughing at you for doing it that way, it's just the most gung-ho WC testing I have ever heard of. :)

yeah ummm I like to give it a few hours at least just to make sure lol..... and zip ties are my friend too for hose clamps. I just use the hose clamps i have then zip tie the rest.

I am with Navy.. I slapped that b!tch together and made sure the damned thing was not going to leak when I first gave it the juice. I did have my rosary handy and for good measure I gave my rum offering to Jobu first.

Looks liek a nice setup. But Why are you going to cool the SB? NB I can understand if you have a crappy air cooler on it, or are pushing some high FSB over clocks, but the SB does just fine on a crappy heat sink.

I am going to be pushing higher fsb overclocks in the future but it was also running pretty hot along with the voltage regulators but i'm just going to put the normal heat sinks back on them.

Well, nothing wrong with cooling the NB. Most people tend not to, unless they are pushing some hefty voltages. the SB really doesn't need anything more than air cooling. If you plan on doing some really high Overlocks, where you need to push 1.4+ through your NB and your pushing 1.5+ through your CPU, then you might want to consider water cooling the NB.

Yeah like human errors too, blocks can leak, barbs can leak anything can happen, better safe than goodbye hardware.

i leaked tested. For a few minutes anyhow. I even took the Apogee and Koolance Vidcooler apart just to see what they look like inside before hand also. :D

Looks like a nice, clean setup to me. You are right in leaktesting. It is the safer way to go. However, the more you do this, the better you get at it, and the less time leaktesting you will probably need. I usually do so overnight using air pressure.

Yep, it will take me 4 days to install my new WCing. One day to install, one day out of case to check for leaks, one day to install fully, one day power off leak test, and one day to monitor temps. I don't do this to rush, I do it for fun. Then back to gaming and OC a bit more. Slow is good, unless it's work, but I'm payed by the hour meh?

Yep, it will take me 4 days to install my new WCing. One day to install, one day out of case to check for leaks, one day to install fully, one day power off leak test, and one day to monitor temps. I don't do this to rush, I do it for fun. Then back to gaming and OC a bit more. Slow is good, unless it's work, but I'm payed by the hour meh?

I usually don't worry about testing outside of the case as when you install things, you can easily introduce leaks due to tension on the barbs and blocks from the tubing. But I also leaktest with air pressure, so if there is a leak, it doesn't matter because it isn't going to make a mess.

Back