• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Switch Not Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crotonrz

Registered
Quick rundown of my problem: I was experiencing random shutdowns and restarts, and after trying drivers and BIOS updates, finally found a small coolant leak to my video card. At this point the computer was still working, however after finally finding the leak, I obviously drained and removed my loop, to fix the problem.

Fast forward to now, I have rebuilt my loop, and was going to pressure test it prior to install. I removed the proc. from the mobo, since it had no cooling, and plugged in the motherboard power, so I could turn on the power supply to get power to test my loop. Power switch does not work. Checked all the connections, and checked switch continuity, and it is working. Manually shorted the switch posts on mobo to make sure, still no turn on.

I powered the power supply manually, (green wire to ground short) with ALL but the required Molex connector for my pump disconnected, tested my loop under the assumption that maybe the board either needs a CPU or Video Card to boot (a stretch I know).

Anyway, I am leaning towards a bad mobo, although it worked prior, and the coolant was confined to a small spot on video card, I can't think of what else might cause the power switch to not respond as it is. I have done the manual CMOS clearing, and checked my power supply voltages which test fine. Any other ideas, or time to bite the bullet on a new mobo?

Mobo is a P5W-DH Deluxe.

You need to have the cpu in there but if you are just testing the loop plug the pump into the psu and short the pins to turn on the psu

Back