• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not having luck :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

ok, i'm trying to find a C2D board for my new server. i'm looking for a board that will support the new E1200 Celeron essentially. something p35 based i'm assuming?

i would perfer onboard video, but AGP would be doable (a asrock board perhaps?)

it dosent have to be flashy, just 2 sata ports and 2 IDE prefered (1 is fine, but would need 2x pci slots for scsi card and controller)

Last edited:
Most 775 boards with AGP will not support anything higher than a Prescott with HT.
I gotta goto the store, when I get back, I will edit the post with a suggestion or two.
Doc

Edit: after some searching, two boards come to mind..Gigabytes "P35-DS3L" and Abit's "IP35 Pro" both have onboard video, but no agp....personaly, I would take the agp card and sell it for what you can get..after all Agp is sooo 20th century :)..or use the agp in another old board, and use it for folding, seti, or a game server

Last edited:
Most 775 boards with AGP will not support anything higher than a Prescott with HT.
I gotta goto the store, when I get back, I will edit the post with a suggestion or two.
Doc

Edit: after some searching, two boards come to mind..Gigabytes "P35-DS3L" and Abit's "IP35 Pro" both have onboard video, but no agp....personaly, I would take the agp card and sell it for what you can get..after all Agp is sooo 20th century :)..or use the agp in another old board, and use it for folding, seti, or a game server

on board is fine, the Intel board i seen is something i like, its going to be a combo game / file server. cheaper the better, but i am confident the C2D CellyDC will do what i want it too :)

my current server is ancient, but then again, i got the hardware for free practically :) i'm sure someone here could use it everything is in perfect condition.

Back