• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock 775-Dual-VSTA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fman

Hi. I have an AsRock 775-Dual-VSTa board with an intel e6300, 2x 1 gb corsari value select ddrII 667 memory and an Nvidia 6800 LE. Up untill a few months ago I could play games on my computer (Halo 1, Need for Speed, and a couple of others. I´m not much of a gamer). The problem is now every time I install a game I can´t play it. My computer crashes after about 1 minute of running a game. It´s not that the game process won´t respond, my monitor simply goes black and I have to turn off my computer and turn it back on again. I´ve installed the Portal: First Slice demo, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Half life 2 Deathmatch demo, all with the same disatrous results. Has anyone here had any similar problems or know what could be causing this problem? I´ve played with many of the options in the bios like changing the memory mode to DDR 266 (533), changing the IDE strength,forcing my agp card to 4x and 8x,etc. I was once able to play Splinter Cell for about 7 minutes and I think my DDRII memory was set to DDR. Is there any option I can change for the ram (speed, multipliers?). I have a feeling it might be a problem with my ram, but I don´t know. I´ve heard about memtes, but if it finds any problems with my ram, can they be fixed or am I screwed. Thanks. I´m desperate to play some games, have´nt done so in a really long time.

Ps: I haven´t tried running halo 1 again, but I doubt it will work, the only game I can run is chess master, anything else that is more demanding crashes my pc.

Back