• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I flash Dell Optiplex 320 with MSI RC410M2-F/L/FI BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've got a Dell Optiplex 320. The board has the latest BIOS from Dell for it (1.1.11) but it can't run more than 800 FSB, so it won't run my E6300 chip to its full speed. The PLL chip looks like it can support the speed.

Both boards are RC410 NB and SB600 SB.

Layouts of the boards look different than what I have though.

Anybody have any idea if I can flash it with the MSI BIOS and it stands a chance of working?

I've got a Dell Optiplex 320. The board has the latest BIOS from Dell for it (1.1.11) but it can't run more than 800 FSB, so it won't run my E6300 chip to its full speed. The PLL chip looks like it can support the speed.

Both boards are RC410 NB and SB600 SB.

Layouts of the boards look different than what I have though.

Anybody have any idea if I can flash it with the MSI BIOS and it stands a chance of working?
no it won't work. Thats like saying I can flash a DFI Bios on an Asus board even though both are P35 boards. Have you tried clockgen?

no it won't work. Thats like saying I can flash a DFI Bios on an Asus board even though both are P35 boards. Have you tried clockgen?

Yep, I'm running it now. I can go from 800 FSB to 880 FSB. Anything higher is an instant lockup. I even tried 1066 FSB just in case it has big jumps between usable windows of speed. No dice. :bang head

Btw, there is some background for my asking. See: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=543989

have you tried a pad mod to force it to 1066? Also are you running stock vcore?

The chip is supposed to be native 1066 FSB, and it identifies it as 1066 FSB in the BIOS. I thought the pad mod tricked the BIOS into believing that the chip was a higher FSB.

And there are NO options to adjust any voltage or timing setting in the BIOS.

Unless there is some special key combination that I'm unaware of to unlock that option.

I guess I'll see if somebody can mod the Dell BIOS in the Classies.

Also, it looks like I can get a replacment board for about $60 on Ebay for it.

Might be worth it to get one a try the modded bios on that first.

PM me with results, I was looking up my Dell mobo and it seemed to of been made by MSI as well. Good Luck.

PM me with results, I was looking up my Dell mobo and it seemed to of been made by MSI as well. Good Luck.

Will do. I'm not sure I'm going to get the spare board though...unless somebody with more experience can point me in that direction. It wouldn't be all that much more to just build another PC and use it at work. I've already got a nice CPU for it.

Back