• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geeks.com loses customer data in hack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That article says CVS were stolen??? I work with a small local company, and as we work on improving our billing system, it is highly illegal to store CVS's! As in, serious bad ju-ju. The fact that they're storing it disturbs me greatly.

****. I used to buy there way back.

On the other hand, they display a MCAFEE hacker-safe logo. No wonder they got hacked. Mcafee aint ****.

I have been reading about this issue for quite a while. I am also a customer of geeks.com, since they do have very good deals every now and then, and still to this day have received nothing from them about it. I am not sure whether it is true or not, as I don't believe most of what is posted in a few places on the internet. On the other hand, it could be true, but as far as I know, they do not store the CVS, as the site has made me input it every time I have ordered from them. Also, my bank will let me know if there are any charges that seem out of place on my card. I know this, because they have let me know about this when I was moving from Oregon to Arizona. I had received a call on my cell phone to let me know there were charges all the way down the I-5 which to them seemed out of place.

Back