• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scrached mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I have a abit ip35-e and on the back there are some scraches around the cpu mounting holes. It looks like the traces are scraped a little. I havent run it sinse my ram fried so I dont know if it is a problem.

I dont have a camra, but they are little scarapes from the screws on my hsf. like if you scraped a little paint of with a screw driver.

well if its on a part where you can see no traces go to then your fine...other wise if you can see traces apply some clear fingernail polish over them and you will be good.

i wouldnt, while its antistatic... that doesnt mean that the voltage or electricty wont jump from trace to trace still.. you want to seal them with something like fingernail polish..

i wouldnt, while its antistatic... that doesnt mean that the voltage or electricty wont jump from trace to trace still.. you want to seal them with something like fingernail polish..
You are exactly right. :D

OP. Do NOT turn on the board. Antistatic bags are antistatic because they are conductive. Remove it and put a different type of coating ;)

yes clear or a single color, nothing that looks like metal or gliter in it...

Back