• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS MC14 and 21's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I belive you only need 10 of the 14's, although the 14's come in a pack of 8. The 21's I belive you need 3. But pretty sure they come in a pack of 4.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the 320MB, but the 640 has ten vram chips to cover, plus an I/O (not sure what this is) = 11 copper HSs. You also need HSs on the voltage regulators = 3.

I always thought that ram chips had a capacity of 64MB. If that is the case 320/64= 5 vram chips to cover + 1 I/O.

You might be able to get away with just buying the pack of six MC 14s and a pack of MC 21s instead of buying the whole kit. It will cost you a lot less.

There you go. Three response, all different. Try to find a picture on the web or email the card manufacture. Call them during the day, MSI was very nice when I talked to them.

haha rick, you so right. How helpful we are!

Well i was wrong too! But i assure you there are 4 sets of vregs (one it at the top on not in line with the others.)

Back