• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Premium Help Please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colt1911

Registered
I just built my new system based on the P5K Premium mobo and I'm experiencing an odd problem . When I push the start button my system will start then stop and after a few seconds it will restart . Everything is fine , I get no errors or beeps and the computer runs great from there on. I'm running bios 0504 and the rest of my information is in my sig. Any one have some ideas on this . Thanks

Me and a friend just build similar pc's to yours. Both based on the asus p5k premium. Your system is all fine colt1911 it's surposed to boot that way. So nothing to worry about :beer:

All P35 chipset mobo's do that as far as I know. Your board is fine.

Clarification: All *Asus* P35, X38, and X48 boards do that. Every board that I have purchased on LGA775 from Asus has had this issue and it has not impacted my reliability or overclock so you have nothing to fear what you are seeing has been an issue since the i925X/i915P days four years ago.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info . It eases my mind that I didn,t do anything wrong. I'm new to the Intel chipset and so of the Bios settings I don't understand . Is there a guide some where as to what I need to change when I start overclocking. I've got my memory voltage set and my timings also have speedstep disabled. ust wondering what else there was that I would need to know about? Thanks again for all your help.

Back