• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35-DQ6+E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mtex64

Registered
Hi,

is here someone, who has this combination E8400+ Gigabyte P35-Dq6

I have a strange problem with this combination, the performance is poor (see attachment)

This is E8400 on Gigabyte P35-DQ6 mobo, with the latest BIOS F7e.
According on gigabyte website this mobo supports the 45nm cpus (my E8400 is supported too)

I´ve tried tried almost everything, but nothing was usefull...

I had E6750 before a there was no problem...
Than I´ve tried the cpu E8400 on gigabyte P35C-DS3R with bios version F10 a there was no problem with performance....

thanks for yours answer

Does the multiplier goes up under stress?

I had problem with p35 ds3r and had to disable speedstep becasue system was powering off.

What exactaly is wrong with the performance? I cannot discern that from the attached picture.

The performance is half (not full), than should it be...
for example, the super PI 1...time for calculation is 34,549s at 3 Ghz

2meionm: no the multiplier doesnt go up under strees, but if I turn of the TM2, than I can setup the multiplier as 9x .... also cpu runs at 3Ghz ...but the performance is still poor

Have you tried locking the PCI-Exp Frequency to 101Mhz?
Have you tried to disable Cpu enhanced halt (C1E) & Cpu EIST function?

Why have you disabled TM2? You shouldn't turn TM2 off as it is the Thermal Monitoring function for protecting the CPU against overheating!

What temps do you got?

Have you tried locking the PCI-Exp Frequency to 101Mhz?

Yes, I´ve locked the PCI-exp Freq. to 101Mhz, but its doesn´t help.

Have you tried to disable Cpu enhanced halt (C1E) & Cpu EIST function?

yes, of course, I´ve disabled, ..than I´ve tried disabled everything (C1E, TM2, EIST, No-execute memory protect) but nothing helps:(

Why have you disabled TM2? You shouldn't turn TM2 off as it is the Thermal Monitoring function for protecting the CPU against overheating!

Besause, if I don´t disabled TM2 than the PC boot at 2000Mhz (6x333) instead of (3Ghz 9x333Mhz), simply the TM2 changes the multiplier from 9x to 6x

What temps do you got?

Yes, this is problem too, besause the core Temp 0.96.1 and latest everset shows me constantly on both cores 35°C in idle and 35°C in burn...

Can't you manually set a 9 multiplier in bios?

yes, I can, but only if I turn off EIST, C1E and TM2 functions.
But this don´t resolve the problem with performance ...

for example: Calculating time of super PI 1MB is 34.569s. As you can see, it is too much. CPU throttling wan´t confirmed in RM clock.... I really dont know whats happening.

"4. You must select the AHCI for SATA drives or your drives and processor will run at half speed. "

Yes, I have SATA II disk in Ide mode...
Ok, I´ll try it. Than I´ll wrtite here if it works.

2sk1llz:

I´ve tried switch to AHCI, but it didn´t works... The performance is still very weak.

What happens when you load fail-safe settings or default in bios?

The cpu runs at 6x333Mhz = 2ghz ... with half performance... I really dont know, where is the problem....

Only one times, I´ve setup 9x450Mhz and 1.38V, only the EIST was turned on, and the cpu runs very nice. (super PI 1MB = 11.496s) . But than I´ve unpluged PC from power.... and there were again the same problems like on the beginning of this my damn combination 8400+P35-DQ6.

Hello,

I´ve have just resolved my problem with E8400 an P35-DQ6 ... the cpu was damaged, but not physically...

Now I have new E8400, and everything is working... CPu shows 9x333 by post, EIST is working fine...

Also that wasn´t problem with mobo, but with cpu iself...

Back