• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35pro + 8GB (4x2GB) OCZ SLI ready RAM, any known issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bossi

Hey, i've got an Abit IP35pro and thought about running 8GB (4x2GB) OCZ SLI ready RAM on it.

Does anyone know of any issues that might occur? Or is it working flawlessly?

Any feedback would be great, would like to be 100% sure before I buy.

Cheers ~~

8GB of RAM :eek: There shouldn't be any problems, just make sure you're running a 64-bit OS or a whole lot of that RAM is gonna go to waste. How much is it? If you're going for 8GB, I'd recommend 2 sets of the G-Skill DDR2-8000 stuff.

I was wondering, any reason for grabbing SLI RAM?

Well, yeah. At first I thought the OCZ wasn't that good and the G.Skill a lot better and headed for the G.Skill. Due to living in Australia I can't order from newegg which excluded the G.Skill option pretty much (didn't know another place int he US to buy G.Skill and on ebay it was a lot more expensive than the OCZ), so I headed for the OCZ and asked in several forums about compatibility. The OCZ forum support service gave me a green light and I just got pretty good feedback about the OCZ RAM from several members (including this forum).

That's why I thought to get the OCZ RAM. SLI ready, because it's faster than the Vista upgrade edition on the one hand and still a lot cheaper than the Reaper series. I'm running a P35 board (Abit IP35pro), so the SLI EPP feature is definitely _not_ the reason ;)

Without saying that the G.Skill might be great RAM, it still has some drawbacks like looser stock timings and high stock temperature/voltage. That's what ppl told me and the stock voltage is 2.1-2.2 afaik.
OCZ runs a lot cooler.
All in all the G.Skill might be more potent, but I don't need crazy OC capabilities, that's why I'm going for OCZ. And I mean, OCZ has always been great RAM, hasn't it?

ghost_recon88: Yeah, would be silly to run a M$ 32bit System with 8GB. Everybody who throws 8GB of RAM into his/her system should know that...

Alternatively, run Linux and you don't even have to think about the OS architecture.

Back