• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stacker 832 + WC = ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

someone1029

I am thinking about buying a stacker 832, but I want to put in water cooling in the not so distant future. I really want to put in a 3x120mm rad, but don't know where.

I was thinking either cut a hole in the bottom and mount it there, but i am unsure if it will fit and if the case is far enough off the ground. The other option would be to use a swiftech radbox on the back of the case and mount it there. Would either of these work?

Also would a 120mm rad fit in that top fan mount?

Any suggestions for alternate cases are welcome.

The original Stackers have much more room for water cooling..

Other than CM cases, the Silverstone TJ07 would be my top pick.

You should be able to put a 3x120mm RAD in the bottom of the Stacker 832. But i also agree that you will be better off with the original Stacker (STC-T01). It's layed out in a way that makes it much easier to fit a RAD of that size either in the top or bottom.

The TJ07 is also an excellent choice, but it's a tiny bit pricey. But then the 832 isn't entirely cheap. :shrug:

I would really recommend waiting for the Cosmos S. It won't be out till march, but if you can wait, it should be worth it! Then you can fit a 3x120mm RAD in the top without any modding. And I personally think it's sexy. :eek:

Here in the land of oz the 832 and TJ07 are about $10 apart price wise so that doesn't really bother me.

I really do like the Cosmos S though, but at the moment all I can find is speculations and prototypes, and going by what happened with the Antec 1200 I'm not relying on anything happening with the Cosmos S.

Here in the land of oz the 832 and TJ07 are about $10 apart price wise so that doesn't really bother me.

I really do like the Cosmos S though, but at the moment all I can find is speculations and prototypes, and going by what happened with the Antec 1200 I'm not relying on anything happening with the Cosmos S.

Actually Coolermaster announced at CES a couple weeks back (or whenever it was) that they would be releasing the Storm cases in march :thup:

Here's one two of a few articles I've read recently. I'm definitely keeping my eyes and wallet out for this case.
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=11140&vpr=yes
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/511/1

Thanks for the update!

I think i have seen this before, but didn't know if it was official.

Does anybody know how hard the hard drive bays are to remove in the TJ07 [basically all i need to know is if i need to cut anything or not]

Great!

I'm definitely getting the TJ07 Then, even though the cosmos s does look nice. I like the TJ07 because of the window, and because of that fact that I can [or at least should] be able to fit a low profile 240mm radiator on the top fan mounts.

Somehow I don't think that case [Aerocool Masstige] is for me, plus no one in Australia sells it anyway.

I am definately sticking with the TJ07, but after I get those HDD racks out how am I going to mount the radiator? I can't see any pre-drilled holes so will i have to make a bracket of some sort?

Zip ties work if you are too lazy to fab brackets.

I'm glad you fell in love with the TJ07 haha. It really is an awesome case. The pictures online don't even do it justice.

Zip ties work if you are too lazy to fab brackets.

The thing is, what is there to zip tie to? plus it will probably move about and spring a leak when i take it to a LAN [which i often do]. I have a mate that will make a bracket exactly to my specifications for free anyways.

The pictures online don't even do it justice.

Some of the pics on these forums come close!

hows about just abig ole stripe of the spongey double sided tape along the bottom of it ?
I have seen some very good multi loop setups in a tj07 in the flesh and it works very well indeed.
thing im still confused about is why arent theyre any case designed to hold a 3*120 rad (ok so ttake has a bodge with a 2*12 in the front)
so we all end up with huge cases to make sure we have the room when you could simply design the case to be WC and save alot of wasted space !

Well there is always the U2 UFO!!! but that is a bit impractical, as well as pricey!!!

The U2-UFO may be pricey, but I don't think it is impractical. I love mine. It is a dream to work with. Nice and roomy, no need to mod to fit 120.3 rad, and you don't lose any drive bays fitting the WC gear in the case :D I take mine to lan parties all the time too. It is a little awkward to carry, being that I am short and thus have a harder time getting my arms all the way around, but I still manage and I am a wimp hehe.

The thing is, what is there to zip tie to? plus it will probably move about and spring a leak when i take it to a LAN [which i often do]. I have a mate that will make a bracket exactly to my specifications for free anyways.

Some of the pics on these forums come close!

Your best bet is to make up some brackets. It shouldn't be too hard, even without proper tools. As long as you have say a pair of pliers or channel locks, hammer, and a hard flat surface you should be able to form some shaped L-brackets. You will have to drill holes in the base of the case to bolt the brackets. I'll see if I can manage to find a pic of someone else's brackets in said case.

Ok....through the magic of television, you don't have to wait for me to find that as I have found one. Couldn't find one here, though I know there are some, but here is a worklog from another site that shows the brackets I'm talking about.

http://forums.techgage.com/showpost.php?p=17602&postcount=36

Back