• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ip-35pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gessfk

ip-35pro question / video problem

the 4hole power cord plug in on it, i think they call it molex (?), is that for extra power to the video card?

also, if that isn't plugged in, could that cause problems with the video card itself, if it's a newer one? Even if the new card already has a 6pin power plug in from the psu?

I've had problems with a new evga 8800gt 512 that I bought, it would get sluggish in games, and crash my computer. I'm wondering if that would be why, or if a bios or anything would help it before I RMA it

I also use a corsair 520hx psu..any issues with power?

Last edited:
I think that extra molex on the motherboard is to supply more power when running two video cards in crossfire.

I am not an expert on PSUs, but most people say the 520hxis enough, but I guess it matters how many fans and such are running as well.

the 4 pin molex is to supply more power the the PCIE slots. when one they run out of current to supply the video card or cards. yes you can run cf on p35 but at 16x/4x not worth it though.. basicly if the gpu in the 16x slot is taking all the power PCIE can supply. when you go to use the 1x slots they may not work till you plug that in.

Well according to the abit IP35-PRO manual, it says you should plug that in anyways. "It is recommended to connect the 24-pin ATX12V power source to meet the 240VA protection limits."

read his post carefully he is talking about the 4 pin connector above the video card, not the 24pin atx connector.

Back