• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What board for a new 45 nm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamcanadian7

I decided I'm going to make the jump to either a E8400 or a E8500 depending on when the 8500's come in but I have no idea what board to get. It can be X38 or 780i, doesn't really matter, price isn't a big issue, needs to be DDR2.

I'd like a fairly high end board, i was looking at the Asus P5N-T Deluxe, Asus Maximus Formula and the Asus P5E, if anyone has any insight to these or any other boards i would greatly appreciate some opinions. Thanks

IMO, the two best OC'ing boards for the 45nm CPU's are either the DFI LanParty UT X38-T2R, or the DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R (w/ the latest 1/09 Beta BIOS)... depending on whether you want an X38 or P35 based chipset.

X38---DDR2----Maximus Formula :bday:

thats what I'm getting with tax refund...damm where is my refund..should be here by Feb 1 :eek::eek:

or the GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6(also x38/DDR2 ... I read and thought and planned a very long time...but am getting the ASUS. Both about the same cost $250 or so.

I've have many ASUS boards in the past I like them all.

gotta....love that black PCB

ABIT IX38 QUAD GT, would be my choice with the next bios release...the other boards suggest are good as well.

Back