• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my board Dead? (P35-DS3L)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mtotho

While my computer was on, i stupidly took out a PCI sound card (x-fi) and then the computer just shut off. I have taken PCI devices out of computers while on before (previous mobos) but this one just crappily shut off. I turn it back on and i dont get one of those "beep" noises to know my computer started... i get no video and my video card's fan just spin faster and it stays in this state for as long as i let it. I tried resetting the CMOS and various other things all to no Avail. Am i done for with this board? More specs in my sig.

no i have not. I will. Does that work? Also they didnt give me a cmos jumper.. so does it matter if that circuit isnt connected (Connected = Reset)

Also it may be worth mentioning.. my motherboard doesnt beep when i start it without ram in it.

no i have not. I will. Does that work? Also they didnt give me a cmos jumper.. so does it matter if that circuit isnt connected (Connected = Reset)

Also it may be worth mentioning.. my motherboard doesnt beep when i start it without ram in it.

it could just all need a hard cmos reset (as mentioned above) cos it wouldnt do anything if its that messed....Iv had something like this happen to me. It just didnt POST at all, I completely sh*t myself cos I thort the cpu was dead or something major but I just took the CMOS battery out overnight n it was ok in the morn.

good to know. Im anxious to get it going so i will try an hour first.. if not i will do it overnight.. No way Pulling out a PCI device did serious damage.. other than maybe a slight displacement of energy.

Back