• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my case strong enough for this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drew@PSU

Hey all, quick noob question....

Right now I'm modding my LL PC-G70B to have a 120.3 in the top. Although instead of cutting circular holes for the fans, I'm going with just a big rectangle ( because I really need to finish this project, its been far too long, and I don't want to go buy a holesaw and drill ). My question is, will the case have enough support to hold up the 120.3 plus all that water? My greatest fear is that at somepoint in the night the rad detaches from the top and breaks off my GPU in the slot, etc, etc. I figure it should be ok, but if I need to go grab some reinforcing for the case, I can.

Will that be necessary?

Thanks,
Drew

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better.

@ SuperDave - Caught your mod when it was first posted, its good stuff. I was just worried that since I didn't have the pieces going from side to side over the fans I was going to have a problem. Good to know I'm not in any trouble.

Thanks
Drew

My advice Drew is to place the radiator on top of the case. Hold it down and make an outline of it so you know how and where you want it. Then measure the distance that the fan and mounting holes are from the edge of the radiator. Mark down those measurements and go mark them appropriately on your drawn outline. Check, double check, and triple check your measurements. You should be good to go. Your case is Identical to mine structurally (the only difference bring the 120mm fan vs. your 80mm's really). The case is pretty stout, trust me. It might be light, but its reliable. As long as you get some mounting bolts/screws to mount the radiator to the case in all four corners, you'll have nothing to worry about man.

Back