• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Mobos & E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawks2

Does anyone else have a problem with voltage on their P5K while using an E8400? I have noticed on my P5K64 the voltages are WAY OFF in the latest BIOS (0504). 1.7v (BIOS) = 1.4320 (AI Suite).

Anyone else see this issue?

not related but my board does the same thing with bios 1.4 and the celeron-l.. i select in bios 1.29 and im actually getinng 1.34v...kinda odd but im waiting for a "retail" bios, not another beta.

not related but my board does the same thing with bios 1.4 and the celeron-l.. i select in bios 1.29 and im actually getinng 1.34v...kinda odd but im waiting for a "retail" bios, not another beta.

Seriously, why cant these companies get their acts together. I'm excited to use a new product and cant even fully oc. :bang head

Last edited:
For those who are unaware, in regards to the 45nm procs, ASUS has confirmed there are temperature/voltage specific problems with the current BIOS's available. I was told there will be a new BIOS to address these problems within the, "next few days". :clap:

Hopefully a few is less than a month. :thup:

Thats good news because I might be getting an 8400 soon and I would hate to get one and not be able to clock the crap out of it! :)

For those who are unaware, in regards to the 45nm procs, ASUS has confirmed there are temperature/voltage specific problems with the current BIOS's available. I was told there will be a new BIOS to address these problems within the, "next few days". :clap:

Hopefully a few is less than a month. :thup:

what i laugh about is the people returning boards and E8400's claiming they have problems. when we dont have programs updated to correctly read temps/voltages for these new cpus. 45nm does not = 65nm...

Anyone got some Suggestions on How Stable The P5k Deluxe w/E8400 intel would be. Asus states Flashing BIOS to 0705 gives support for the 45nm Processors. But I would appreciate some personal reference before I frustrate myself with them not working. Feel free to give me some good suggestions, If I dont get this im going for the E6750 (Same price range, 1333 FSB) Again, I searched ever

Anyone got some Suggestions on How Stable The P5k Deluxe w/E8400 intel would be. Asus states Flashing BIOS to 0705 gives support for the 45nm Processors. But I would appreciate some personal reference before I frustrate myself with them not working. Feel free to give me some good suggestions, If I dont get this im going for the E6750 (Same price range, 1333 FSB) Again, I searched ever

How many threads on how many sites are you going to post this comment? I've seen it at least 5 times in the past 20 minutes. It's a P35-based motherboard, so it'll probably be as stable as all the others are - there might be some issues with the current released BIOS, similar to what the Abit's are experiencing, but probably nothing that a BIOS update down the road can't fix.

Back