• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB wall 475Mhz on Abit IP35 Pro??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warcraft1980

Hello M8s,

have quite big problem with my new setup.
I have E6750 (G0 rev), Abit Ip35 Pro, Geil Black Dragon, raptoxx 500w, etc...

I reached wall of 475 or what??

Geil is able to reach over 1000mhz with 5-5-5-15-2T,
but I am stucking at 3,7ghz with this setup.
I tried everything, such as:

MCH =1.4v-1.45v

ICH= 1.15v (for bench 1.25v)

CPU VTT= 1,45V

ICHIO=1.55v no changes.

GTLREF=67% (booth)

And with bios V14 and V16B04 is the same, nothing above 3,7ghz.
Doesn't matter running higher from bios or trough Uguru pc freezes over 475Mhz.
What is happening here?
Any sugestions??

What's your vcore at with 3.7ghz?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, at 3,7 I can use from 1,4-1.6V, it's alwas stabile, but if i pass from 475mhz to 476 sistem freezes.
Memory= 2,3V 5-5-5-15-2T

package details:

Version: D97265-011
Packed date: 11/28/07

Are you running a 1:1 memory divider?

If you're system is still freezing past 3.7GHz and you're not seeing any stability increases by increasing vcore:

1) Your ram is holding you back (or its running too hot)

or

2) Your cooling isn't good enough (Nb/sb/pwm overheating on mobo)

What's your CPU temp like when you're running close to 3.7ghz stable? (under full load)

Lower multi and raise fsb to find out if it is mobo or cpu limiting

Last edited:
Are you running a 1:1 memory divider?

If you're system is still freezing past 3.7GHz and you're not seeing any stability increases by increasing vcore:

1) Your ram is holding you back (or its running too hot)

or

2) Your cooling isn't good enough (Nb/sb/pwm overheating on mobo)

What's your CPU temp like when you're running close to 3.7ghz stable? (under full load)

Ram goes on 1000, but problem could be it, I will try new ram.
Any suggestion, and where to buy it? If possible to pay over paypal, so that I can receive it in Croatia?!

cooling, I am running on zalman cnps 8000, and temps are 50C under full load on 1,5V, 3.7Ghz.
opened case, 4x120mm fans inside.

what psu?
if your not getting 500mhz fsb then you hit the cpus fsb in the 490's.

Well it's not the board IMO, I've put together a few of these boards and all can run 500 FSB with the right chip. My brother's E6600 wouldn't do over 470 and his E8400 does 500 no problem, as well as mine. Most likely you've hit the CPU's limit, but you could certainly throw money at other parts to find out for sure.

Well it's not the board IMO, I've put together a few of these boards and all can run 500 FSB with the right chip. My brother's E6600 wouldn't do over 470 and his E8400 does 500 no problem, as well as mine. Most likely you've hit the CPU's limit, but you could certainly throw money at other parts to find out for sure.

I agree that it's most likely not the board, I can boot to windows with a 500FSB long enough to do a SUPERPI bench and my ram is so bad lol.

However I do have an excellent PSU and excellent air flow in my case, those are two things I'd look into besides RAM.

It's your CPU most likely holding you back. The motherboard itself will reach over 500MHz without a problem but the CPU has a FSB limit also which is usually always lower than the motherboard FSB limit. My old E6600 CPU would stop at 478MHz on two different motherboards, the Asus P5B Deluxe and the Abit IP35 Pro, but my new E8400 CPU goes well over 520MHz before my memory speed becomes the limiting factor. This is the same Abit IP35 Pro motherboard I was using with the E6600. Nothing changed but the CPU.

Back