• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Armor front mount radiator HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

narcotis

:shrug:Can someone, ANYONE please tell me how to mount a 240 (2x 120mm fans) radiator in the front of the thermaltake armor case!!!!!!!!!

i have seen many picturs of it, i know it can be done, i dont see any brackets, and its driving me NUTS!!:bang head:mad:

No brackets when I did it, the radiator held itself up! Nothing holding it at all, LOL.

IMG_0752.jpg

:shrug:

Yeah, you just kind of set it in there. You might have to pad the sides with something to make it snug, but other than that, just stand it in there. Check the link in my sig for more pics.

Awsome guys, i guess it is the somplest answers that are always the hardest to finde.

On another note, what is the best fluid to use in my loop, i seem to be favoring Fluid xp+ or the EXTreme, what do you guys think?

I know about distilled water, but feel MUCH better with a nonconductive solution

Well, to clear up a common misconception, a "non"conductive" solution will become conductive over time as ions fomr the metal in your loop are absorbed into the coolant. Also Distlled water isn't the greatest conductor. Regardless of which, the term "nonconductive" is very misleading.

I champion distilled water. With some biocide/anti algea. You can add some anti freeze or similar products (zerex, water wetter) if you have disimilar metals, namely aluminum and copper mixed together, other wize anitfreeze isn't even needed.

i bought every thing from Danger Den, so i hope it is all copper, and not that they sell some copper and some alluminum stuff...

Can i add uv dye to an already green colord liquid?? if it is already contaning uv dye, will a little more give me a brighter glow??

Yes, i cut them out of a sheet of aluminum, its riveted twice on each side thru case..it aint moving anywhere :)..taking off the front helps...i didnt notice until after i did it that it comes off easily lol...

haha lol, i would immagin it helpf with the front off :D i think that will be what i do, it seems better than just wedging it in there

Also, the front 2 fans will obviously be pushing air through the radiator which will only have the CPU on the loop for now, and 1/2'' tubing, do you thing this will be pumping too much hot air into the system for the 2 8800GT vid cards???

Would some new fans work better?
How about A push and pull setup with the fans on the radiator?

I used little pieces of tubing to wedge into the open space. The air coming off the radiator is barely warmer than ambient. I have the fans internally, with a shroud, pulling air from the front. My chipset and ram stays cool. I don't see any change in the GPU temps. I don't know if it is even possible to mount the fans in the front since the drive bays have the little ledges, but I think it is quieter to have the fans deeper inside the case.

Back