• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to choose a fitting for the Iwakis RD30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueTrin

Hello I was wondering what kind of fitting should be used to fit a tube on Iwakis RD 30.

I have read plenty of guides but nobody explains how to fit tubes on non computer designed components such as the RD 30.

Should I use plumbery copper items and use silicon to avoid leaks ?

The outside diameter of the Iwaki input and output is 3/4". I have used 1/2" ID Tygon as well as Feser tubing successfully. Heat the tubing end with hot water and place a little liquid soap on Iwaki input and output. It takes some effort, but can be done.

Not sure I'd want to stretch tubing that far but, if possible, it's certainly the most simple solution. But according to Iwaki the inlet/oulet is 18mm ID (= 0.71") so I really can't see a 3/4" OD there - probably more like 13/16" OD minimum.

Another simple option would be a 3/4"-1/2" reducer with a very short piece of 3/4" tubing holding the reducer up next to the pump. Shouldn't be too hard to get the 3/4" tubing over both the pump inlet/outlet and the reducer itself without using any copper pipe. Same for the other end, 1/2" tubing over the fitting - I've done that myself with a copper 'T' ... :)

Back