• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My TT Armor build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SHStormont

Registered
I'm from Baltimore and a Ravens fan, hence the purple and black scheme.

Innards:

EVGA 680i LT SLI
Intel Q6600 SLACR G0
4 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 RAM
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
Creative Audigy 2
Antec TruePower Trio 650

Cooling:

D-Tek FuZion CPU block
EK-680I Northbridge block
Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX
Swiftech MCR220-QP
Danger Den HDPE 5 1/4" Bayres
Eheim 1048
7/16" Tygon R-3603
3 x CoolerMaster 12025 Fans
1 x Thermaltake TT-9025A @ 7 volts

The goods:

2261512565_c67a03d800_b.jpg

2262303530_f09ee91836_b.jpg

2261524151_ca5e631049_b.jpg
2261526123_51358f87fc_b.jpg

2227967504_078ddb8568_b.jpg
2227178639_5e4de5894a_b.jpg

2262312476_456492b597_b.jpg
2262310304_c8dfe0a63b_b.jpg

Last edited:
And the slot covers are painted black too. If you're going to go all the way...

My camera sort of sucks, but the fans and liquid are more purple than they appear in the pictures.

These cases rawk bawlz, I love my TT! :beer:

Excellent job on the redux, I did the exact same thing with my radiator too. I left mine stock black though; I don't have nearly as much fashion sense ;) I really like how your four sticks of Tracers look - I kinda miss my old DDR tracers :(

I bought the Tracers from the deal that Buy.com was having a while ago, but I couldn't stand how bright those things are.

I covered the LEDs on the top with electrical tape and CAREFULLY painted over the bottom blue LEDs with black paint.

Now you can still see the tops LEDs through the tape but they aren't nearly as bright and the bottom blue LEDs are dimmed because of the black paint.

Last edited:
Awesome job, how are worm clamps? Setting up my first loop as soon as I get my tax return and I want 0 spillage.

I have never had a problem with those clamps . As soon as I get a new card I will be putting my water back in I cant wait i also have the TT . Did you think about having the barbs on the botom of the rad will be closer to the pump that way . That is how I have always done my loop .

I have never had a problem with those clamps . As soon as I get a new card I will be putting my water back in I cant wait i also have the TT . Did you think about having the barbs on the botom of the rad will be closer to the pump that way . That is how I have always done my loop .

Cool, worm drive clamps it is then, far cheaper than compression fittings any how. I am going to purchase the TT Armor+ also, that case kicks ***. I plan to mount the radiator in the floor of the chassis since there are 2 pre-cut 120mm blow holes.:)

I think that the worms clamps are the way to go. It's kind of tight getting a screwdriver in certain places to get them tight, but it can be done. It's also a little tight getting two of them on the FuZion, due to the close proximity of the barbs and the extra width of the tubing.

Also, having the 7/16" tube stretched over the 1/2" barb helps to make sure that they are on there tight too.

Now I'm just having a hard time getting the right mix for the purple UV dye. I'm using "Dtek Liquid F/X UV Dye: Purple" and I have one of the 8" A.C. Ryan Overboost UV tubes and just a regular 12" UV tube. They work great for the fans, but I think I need to add more dye.

Also, the LEDs from the Tracers were really drowning out the UV light; taping over those suckers really helped. (Plus it's not like a disco Christmas in there anymore)

Not sure how much Everest can be trusted, but I can't get CoreTemp to run on my version of Vista x64 Ultimate. I did do some testing last night:

2230097769_7288348890_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back