• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best mobo for under $150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Personally, I just grabbed the abit IP35-Pro off Newegg for just under $150 (after MIR), but I really wanted the onboard firewire, e-sata, and RAID. Not to mention it's highly regarded in every review I read.

If you don't need all that, but want a serious overclocker, the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L is very popular, and just dropped from $100 to $90 at Newegg.

I've also been hearing some buzz about the MSI P35 Neo2-FR LGA 775, which is $100 after rebate.

That's just mobos I've researched lately, which is why the P35 bias. If you weren't going to overclock, you could go cheaper. If you knew you wanted Sli capability, that would be another direction altogether, etc.

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Personally, I just grabbed the abit IP35-Pro off Newegg for just under $150 (after MIR), but I really wanted the onboard firewire, e-sata, and RAID. Not to mention it's highly regarded in every review I read.

If you don't need all that, but want a serious overclocker, the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L is very popular, and just dropped from $100 to $90 at Newegg.

I've also been hearing some buzz about the MSI P35 Neo2-FR LGA 775, which is $100 after rebate.

That's just mobos I've researched lately, which is why the P35 bias. If you weren't going to overclock, you could go cheaper. If you knew you wanted Sli capability, that would be another direction altogether, etc.
Ditto

Great overclocker and has those solid capacitors in the VRM circuit.

I might get one for a quad core folding layer.

At first I wanted the IP35 Pro, which has better features as far as firewire, onboard display,and so fourth.

I actually chose the cheapest board, the GA-P35-DS3L in anticipation that nothing really seemed to leave a mark with me otherwise, and i'll look for the release of the p45 if I find this one unsatisfactory. You need to consideer what you want from the motherboard in order for us to tell you which one to get. If your asking overall best, it's hard to say, but the abit may be it.

I actually chose the cheapest board, the GA-P35-DS3L in anticipation that nothing really seemed to leave a mark with me otherwise, and i'll look for the release of the p45 if I find this one unsatisfactory.
You won't be disappointed. I've bought 2 in the last month including an open box version for $69.99. Had everything inside the box. Great deal.:thup:

Back