• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick check before I pull the trigger.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've got a lapped E6300 that has previously gotten to 3.5Ghz. However, the computer I'm using it in here at work can only run it at 1.5ghz. So I'm going to be building a buget system to at least get stock or better out of it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130139 is the board I'm thinking of getting. It has 1333 FSB, so I can potentially do a pad mod on it. One of the reviews on Newegg says that it has good OC controls in the BIOS.

Good choice or should I pass? Currently $65 from the egg.

what is the motherboard the cpu is in now.. it runnly at 1.5ghz idle or load or what? so many questions since the specs are just the cpu.

yea that board will be fine for what you seem to be after.

what is the motherboard the cpu is in now.. it runnly at 1.5ghz idle or load or what? so many questions since the specs are just the cpu.

yea that board will be fine for what you seem to be after.

The CPU is in a Dell motherboard that only has 800 FSB (the one you were helping me come up with ideas on how to overclock), and if I wasn't using Clockgen, it would only be running at 1.4Ghz. Even with Clockgen, I can only get to 880FSB before the board starts choking. Rather than risking a dead board due to a modded bios, I figured I'd spend about $200 and make a decent system that could run the CPU properly. I've got an extra copy of Vista Business I can install on it (legit free copy from MS from a giveaway that was posted in the Cyber Deals section).

yea go for it, also the Abit ip35-e is back on newegg with a mir, making it $69 after... heck of a deal..

Back