• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling 2 PCs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flux

I'm currently cooling my CPU and GFX with a Zalman Reserator 2, and am perfectly happy with it. I'm not really going for performance - it was the appeal of silent computing that drove me too it, and am only left with noisy HDDs and the PSU.

The problem now comes with my desire to create my fileserver. I'm going all out with this thing, with a Silverstone CW03 for the case, and 3 or 5 Seagate Barracuda 750Gbs, probably either a AMD X2 6000 or a Phenom. However I don't want to compromise on noise either, and obviously water is going to be the only way to do this.

Essentially I want the same setup as my main rig - a reserator 2 cooling the cpu and gfx card. What I'm asking you guys is if you can think of any clever ways of using these reserators other than as two seperate systems, or if you have any other recommendations at all.

This is based on the assumption that I can't run 2 cpus and 2 gfx cards from one loop...

Thanks

Slight change of plan.

The hard drives will now likely be house in the Silverstone DS351, meaning a silent 350W PSU should be enough, and also removing some of the heat in the main case.

If only there was a way to have a fanless water cooled solution that was totally enclosed in the case...

It may not be fanless but put low speed yate loons on a fan controller and cut them to 6-7V and it will be so close to silent it will scare you.

It would not be able to be fully enclosed into the case as there would be no way for heat to escape unless there is airflow leaving the case... unless i am missing something

Back