• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

st6-raid and 1/4 pci divider ???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxicool

Registered
hello,
i'm a french overclocker and I don't find help on the french's forums for my problem.

I have a ST6-raid and a Celeron Tualatin 1,2 ghz.
I can use it at 125 FSB but only if I use 1/3 pci divider (so, too high for my HDD : 125/3 = 41,66).

If I choose pci divider 1/4 in the bios, the pc don't boot and freeze... I must clear cmos to continue !!!
I'm afraid : is the pci divider 1/4 really OK on the st6 ?

Is there any hint to use this 1/4 divider ?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
(sorry for my poor english)

I have a ST6R and a Cel 1.2
It works fine with the divider at 4:4:1
Earlier I had problems getting back into bios when set to 133FSB (1.6 gig...<grin>). It seems to have cleared up, and all I can ascribe it to is the bios flash to 6A. It was posted to the Abit site a few days before Christmas. You could give it a try.

My Bios is the "6A69RA1RC-63" from 25 october 2001.

Must I flash with the last one ? (Abit have made the bios "ST6E6B" from 27 november 2001, but informations said that it's for use Tualatin 1,3 ghz only, nothing else...)

And some people have said that it's the Raid who make this problem... So, I have disable Raid in the bios (and audio too, because I have a Sound Blaster) but I have the same problem...

With Raid disable, I have try FSB126 and Pci divider 1/4 = nothing, no signal on the monitor ! I must clear cmos to continue .
I don't understand why !
I have 2 friends in France who have the same problem...

:mad:

Et maintenant en français ;)

Crois-tu que je dois flasher le bios avec le dernier bios ? (celui du 27 novembre 2001)

Certainement! Mais lisez les instructions avec soin... Et retourne la machine a sa vitesse ordinaire, 1.2 gig. en ce cas.

Je n'ai pas de problemes avec 6A, et la probleme d'entrer le bios a disparu!

Try another video card....Some non NVidia video cards don't seem to cope with the out of spec AGP bus speeds at 125 mhz....Not that these cards are any worse than an equivilent NVidia based card, just that the NVidia cards seem to cope with out of spec AGP slots a little better....

What size is your PSU?

Hello
I have try high FSB (133 and more than 140 where the pci divider is automatically 1/4) = no boot...

the last bios is only for the support of the lastest Tualatin (Celeron 1,3 ghz)
nothing else ?

I'm running my ST6-Raid at 125 and 4:4:1 right now. I did flash the latest bios before I started playing around though. It won't hurt to flash the newest bios and who knows, it may help.

go back to 100mhz FSB and set 4:4:1 there

reboot and then enter bios and change FSB

it worked on my SA6-R

Back