• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Pics of my loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jetster220

Finally got my GFX card added to the loop. What do you guys think, and yes I know my wiring is kind of a mess, just havnt felt like messing with it.
IMG_6154.jpg

your running your fuzion backwards. And where is your T-line/res? How did you fill it?

--pak

your running your fuzion backwards. And where is your T-line/res? How did you fill it?

--pak

Will it make any difference if I run it backwards like that? The temps are the same, and also I somehow managed to not even notice I hooked it up like that lol.

And yea, the rad has a built in resovior.

That seems like it is a little cloudy... Is there more than one metal in the loop... i.e. copper and aluminium... or is it just copper or alumnium

If there is more than one type of metal then you need something in there to prevent corrosion

The Dtek Fusion has inpingment pins that need the input right on top of them for cooling, it['s a turbulence thing, was a great post on current water blocks I read. The water then vents to the sides and out the outer fitting. It will work with water inlet using the outer one, but it's not designed to work like that.

Will it make any difference if I run it backwards like that? The temps are the same, and also I somehow managed to not even notice I hooked it up like that lol.

And yea, the rad has a built in resovior.

So you had it hooked up the right way and your temps were not affected at all? I find that interesting.

If you do plan to hook it back up the right way, please make some test along with some SS so that we can see the difference. I think it would be nice to see.

And wow! what a great idea to use your rad as a res. I never even knew or payed attention to that rad. Now someone needs to make a rad with multiple fill locations and clear end tanks so we could mount it any way and see fluid level.

--pak

Yeah that's the MCR220 with built in Res right? Those are cool radiators.

I second the motion to clamp that pump!

Too me a minute ot notice yo uhad th efuzion going backwards too.

Very clean setup though.

Well, I guess Ill have to take the stupid thing apart again and run the hoses in the right direction through the fuzion. But yea, I didnt notice any difference in temps with the flow through the fuzion, my temps didnt even change from adding the GTX into the loop.

The Dtek Fusion has inpingment pins that need the input right on top of them for cooling, it['s a turbulence thing, was a great post on current water blocks I read. The water then vents to the sides and out the outer fitting. It will work with water inlet using the outer one, but it's not designed to work like that.

It's not really an impingement design unless you have the slit-plate (or grid-plate) in the inlet. I did the same with my old whitewater, running it backwards, and didn't see much difference. Right now the center inlet is just water slushing over pins. Turn it around, and you still have water slushing around over pins. Put a plate in the middle, and now you have higher pressure directed flow at the pins, hence impingement.

Unless he has a plate, it won't matter much.

Did you have any trouble gettin the vram sinks to stick?

It took me a second to even see your graphics card. It's amazing how big the fan/hs on modern cards is.

Looks good:thup:

Back