• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need good Flow Meter and temp sensor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the only problem with flow meters and temperature sensors is that they restrict flow...or cost alot, one of the two (or even both).

The chance of failure is slim once everything is up and running, good pumps (mcp655) are rated for 5+ years constant use.

Don't forget that your motherboard most likely has thermal shutdown, which you should set as low as you possibly can.

I ran for 3+ years under water and had only 1 time where I had a pump fail. It was the crappy one that comes in the thermaltake BigWater kit (yes, I got rid of that FAST). I was using the computer and it shutdown...tried to turn it back on...and it turned off. Let it sit for awhile, turned it on and jumped in the BIOS. Checked everything, got to temps and saw 70c!!! :eek:

I quickly shut it down and let it cool, checked everything and found out my pump had failed. I did not lose any hardware besides the pump. ;)

If you are still worried about pump failure, you can get two in series. One fails and the other one will keep everything moving.

My temp sensor doesnt restrict flow, and im sure you can set it up inside a T line.
Well that is because yours is full of win. I should have clarified though, I meant retail ones. That is my fault for not specifying that. :)

hey i need a good glow meter.
I found this one and not sure if i should go with it but i like (from what i read) it will shut down if the water stops or what ever.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835127064

and also i need a temp sensor of some sort.
ideas with links and i would love u long time!
The thing you linked to just monitors a fan speed output. You still need some way to get that output from a pump. That involves adding a flow sensor to the loop.

For temp monitoring (and the attached):
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556018810.html

All this is for naught though, as your CPU will automatically shutdown on overheat anyway.

Attachments

• Probe.jpg
    Probe.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 255
well this is the thing i cant find anything on my mobo that will shut down the computer if the CPU gets to warm. or have yet to find it. its a nice mobo that i have but at the same time its a POS.

Im sure that mobo has the option. Should be in the hardware monitoring area.

--pak

Back