• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamcanadian7

Hey guys, i recently bought a new Maximus Formula board to go with my new E8400. I have the chip overclocked to 4.05 Ghz and its all stable and what not but this pc probe tool on my board is reading my NB as about 48 degrees and it warning me that its too hot. Is it? My voltages are as follows:

Vcore: 1.38
SB: 1.07
NB: 1.63
Dram: 2.08

My cpu is at 32 degrees and my sb is at 38 degrees, Do i need to reduce the voltage?

That Northbridge is a bit warm but as long as its stable I dont think its anything to freak about. Might try touching the voltages on it a bit if its stable, the less juice the better. May drop them back a step but at 4+gHZ it may not be an option.

Z

I have a total of i think 11 fans in my case, i saw a fan that screwed or cliped onto the motherboard, i think asus makes it anyone know what it was called?

EDIT: Found it its the Antec spotcool

Last edited:
Back