• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanyo Denki San Ace

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Meh, it's just meh. I would rather go hi end air over that myself... I don't think anyone here will have any ringing endorsements for it as likely no one has used it here...

Gosh, really hard to answer. I guess look at the Falcon PC buyers. Lots of money and no need to dig into the tricks for watercooling. Falcon buys it because it's easy to install in an assembly line, they already know their system limitations/configurations etc etc. And maintenance free, very good for less customer service problems.

Good air cooling is a LOT cheaper than water. And it suits a lot of the masses out there for OCing etc. Peeps who build thier own can do much better buying their parts for their systems. Good air is close to an entry WC system for cooling, except the cost. Air is much less when it comes to a high end WC system. The diff is $150 for good air, $400++ for good water. $100 for okay air, $220 for basic water.

No one knows if that system is capable of cooling a Q6600 at 1.5V and 3.5Ghz. If it was the bomb and someone could verify it, then we'd all want one.

Ive always kicked around the idea of water cooling and whatnot but I am not too comfortable cutting up a Sub $300.00 case and such, and then take the risk of having a peice by peice system spring a leak because of the frequent moving around of the PC itself to lans and whatnot. While I understand such things are a rare occurance, im also aiming for something that is completely internal with no tubing hanging outside of the case, or some crappy looking 5.25" bay resevoir.

If you want a GOOD self contained, well refined "kit", check out a swiftech "compact" series kit. I would recomend the 220 version.

Not a big fan of the waterblock though, which is why im a fan of the self contained unit.

While conventional high end air is also efficient, it is noisy at times which is one of the things I like about this unit. At a decent overclock it remains around the 24dba which isnt too bad.

Make your own from hand picked parts. You can go super low on the fans and have it damn near silent. That's what I did, and my PC is just a low hum @ 3.6GHz ;)

edit: and who cares on the case. Do it right and it'll look better than stock! If you have a midtower and keep drives to a minimum, you have plenty of room.

I kicked around the idea of making a housing for all the parts..pump...resevoir and whatnot. But i dont want the resevoir to leak inside of the unit itself since the pump will be in the same box. Kinda think the Dell H2c layout, which i ****ing love since its all in one unit, but hand made. Id love to have something like that but I dont believe myself to be that talented lol.

I still sya check ou tthe Swiftech "Compact" line of kits.

The feature the apogeee Drive CPU block which mates the MCP355 pump to the Apogee block. The radiator has a built in resevior (and is beocming VERY popular). It's minimial, self contained, and easy to setup.

Alternately you coudl purchase the paogee drive pump/block, and mat ethat with your choice of radiator.

Back