• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro and Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AresOlSkool

Registered
Hi, my name is Ares, and I have some motherboard issues. Thank you all in advance for any helpful suggestions.

I found some stuff on the IP35 Pro and raid, and most seem to be recommending going to a controller card.

I am looking at a pair of Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s, my question after reading for three hours through threads in here, is that will the IP35 Pro be able to successfully run a Raid 0 system without a controller card?

If yes, will it be running a Raid 0 to it's full potential? If no, what mobo should I be looking at for a Raid 0 system?

The mobos I have been considering are the EVGA 780i, Abit IX38 Quad, Abit IP35 Pro, Asus Maximus Formula. Overclocking is important as is the Raid 0 support.

I will be moving from this system below and the specs for the new system follow it.

Components

CPU - Intel P4 Northwood 2.6GHz @ 3.121GHz
Motherboard - Asus P4P800 Delux
Memory - Cosair TwinX DDR 1GB @ 160.1MHz
GPU - BFGTech 6800 GT OC 256MB
Hard Drive - Western Digital RaptorX 74GB 10,000RPM
Sound Card - Sound Blaster Audigy 2
HS/F - Unknown ATM
PSU - Enermax 500W
Case - Old School Cooler Master
DVD/CD - Plextor CD-R Burner/Plextor DVD-R PX-712A
Floppy Drive - Yes.

Monitors, mice, and the such
Samsung 206BW LCD
Logitech G5 Mouse
ZBoard Keyboard
Cambridge Soundworks THX 6.1 Surround System

With this build here.

Case - Cooler Master Mystique 632S
Motherboard - OPEN
Memory - Corsair XMS Dominator DDR800 2GB
GPU - EVGA 8800 GTS (G92) 512MB
PSU - Thermaltake W0106RU 700W Modular
CPU - Intel Core Duo E8400 3.0GHz (Looking for a ~4.0GHz OC)
HS/F - Zalman CNPS9700
DVD/CD - Asus Sata DVD-R Lightscribe DVD/CD
Hard Drive – Pair of Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 HDs in Raid 0
Nic - Linksys WPM300N Wireless Nic

Monitors, mice, and the such
Samsung 206BW LCD
Logitech G5 Mouse
ZBoard Keyboard
Cambridge Soundworks THX 6.1 Surround System

Last edited:
the ICH9R has nothing wrong with it for raid but if you need something more "pro" then a add in raid card would be needed.

Back