• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3V4X and 1006 bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow ÒÓ

Mod in Hiding
RMA'd a board and just had it returned. It has bios rev 1006. Strange part is, 1005 is the latest update on the ASUS site.

Anyone purchased one of these boards, or know anything about this (beta?) bios?

I have a p3v4x and have BIOS version 1006a which is a beta, I got it off of asus's wed site in the ftp part of it. Think there might be a read me there too but have not been to that part of the web site after they redid thier whole web site.

ive seen it at several p3v4x fan sites (yes they have these:rolleyes: ) and noone knows what the heck it does....personally the 1003 runs fine for me i see no reason to change it...

The latest 1006 beta 003 bios upgrades the cpu support for the latest Celeron's 2...this is only one of the new characteristics...don t remember which are other :p

Heya,

I'm running 1006.003 as we speak.
No problems here, running my fsb at 148 with aircooling.

I would advise against flashing any bios, unless there is something in the newer bios you need. A bad flash can kill almost any motherboard, with corrupted bios.

Flashing bios is done alot, and by many people including myself.
Just remember that things can go wrong, and they usually end up costing more money in the long run. Not to mention being left with one less running PC for a while.

Wookie8662

Heh,

One more thing...

I'm happy to see that some people still use and care about this board. It is my favorite Intel board, from a tweaking/building view.
The monsters can be a pain at times, but are worth all the effort you put into them.

Its no fun having a PNP computer, where everything is automatic, and you cant modify/tweak anything.

Wookie8662

Wookie8662 said:
Heh,

One more thing...

I'm happy to see that some people still use and care about this board. It is my favorite Intel board, from a tweaking/building view.
The monsters can be a pain at times, but are worth all the effort you put into them.

Its no fun having a PNP computer, where everything is automatic, and you cant modify/tweak anything.

Wookie8662

true but i woud prefer a bx board specially if there was one with teh saem options

im using the p3v4x bios 1006 rev2b

not quite sure of the changes but it helped me overclock just a little bit more..

now if i only had more cooling

Back