• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few questions about cooling chipset/mossfet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boorishid

I am currently running a vantec stingray watercooling kit. It seems to do a decent job but the only thing on my loop is the cpu. I have been having problems getting my board at anything above a 1799mhz fsb (striker extreme) there seem to be a lot of holes or something i.e it wont post at random fsb speeds for example 1800 wont post 1900 will boot into windows then crash 1798 wont post, it seems totally random throughout the fsb. Anyways at one point i had a tuniq tower witch posted stable orthos 16hrs at 1900. So im guessing maybe the tuninq provided more airflow to all bus and mostets than this ****ee heatpipe system with blowers i dunno.

The vantec came with a nb and sb block so i figure ill rip the heat pipes off and install the water blocks hopefully that will let my board get back to 1900 again. Anyways when i install the block should the be before or after the cpu in the loop does it make a diffrence? also the striker has heat sinked/piped mosfets should running the mosfets with just the heat sink and blowers on them be fine? Is there a real world advatage to wc'ing your mosfets? One last question my mobo doesnt give a nb reading if i were to use a temp sensor should i put it between the nb and the water block barely touching the side of the die? what is the best way to monitor nb temps?

I don't think there is any point to watercooling mosfets. It is more trouble than it's worth it and may not have any benefit.

Back